Benefits of Being a Mentor
- Opportunity to give back to women in the industry by guiding and nurturing the next generation of leaders.
- Expand professional networks, including interaction with other mentors and program alumni/ae.
- Learn the values, expectations and work styles of mid-level professionals.
- Satisfaction from developing and helping someone else grow and see her succeed in career goals.
- Broaden your perspective on work-related issues.
- Enhance your communication and relationship skills.
- Opportunity to reflect upon and share the successes and challenges of your personal career journey.
- Receive recognition as a mentor within WISE and the industry.
Tap into the WISE National Knowledge Base
WISE members look to trusted resources to help unlock the knowledge needed to respond to challenges and advance their careers. WISE Within provides access to the experience of our successful senior-level members and leverages the power of mentorship to help participants develop the potential within. WISE Within mentors are industry leaders, decision makers and influencers. They represent key sports and events industry organizations and have included WISE Women of the Year honorees.
Make Connections, Build Relationships
;WISE Within gives mentoring pairs the platform to engage in a confidential and reciprocal professional one-to-one relationship. Our group sessions and online network offer easy access for connecting with peers and building strong relationships beyond the mentoring partner. After successfully completing the program, an alumni group extends the network to include participants from previous years.
Experience the Power of Mentorship
The mentoring relationship benefits both the mentee and mentor. WISE Within gives dedicated mid-level professional women valuable access to senior-level executives who can share knowledge and experience, and provides mentors the opportunity to give back to women in the industry by guiding and empowering the future generation of leaders.If you are ready to move your career forward or are committed to passing your insights and experience along, then take the next step toward success and join the hundreds of WISE members who have taken full advantage of what WISE and WISE Within offer.
Each January, National Mentoring Month, WISE Chapters across the country hold a ‘Speed Mentoring Roundtable’ event to launch the WISE Within Mentoring Program application period. The NYC Metro Chapter’s Speed Mentoring Roundtable event is open to everyone, members and non-members, men and women, and features top sports business executives from leading organizations. Some of the mentors for the Roundtable event may also serve as mentors for the actual WISE Within Mentoring Program. Please note: participation in the WISE Within Mentoring Program is exclusively for members, and is by application only.
- The 2019 Speed Mentoring Roundtable event was held on January 22, 2019.
- The 2019 mentoring program cycle operates from April-September. The application period has ended and the program is underway.
For more info, please contact the NYC Metro Chapter WISE Within Mentoring Chair.
Benefits of Being a Mentee
- Learn from someone who has extensive experience in the industry, pitfalls to avoid, ways to gain strategic visibility and how someone else has reached the executive level.
- Gain new perspectives and strategies on industry, company and professional challenges.
- Expand professional networks and resource base.
- Develop a focus and direction congruent with your career goals.
- Opportunity to explore new ideas and alternatives.
Who Are The Mentors
Leading industry executives have participated in the WISE Within Mentoring Program and/or the Speed Mentoring Roundtable professionals represent a wide range of organizations including:
Art Berke, Former VP Communications, Sports Illustrated
Tracy Belmear, Senior Director, Marketing/Business Development, New York Jets
Celia Bobrowsky,Director, Community Affairs & Educational Programming, MLB
Erica Bates, VP Public Relations, Chelsea Piers Sports & Entertainment Complex
DaShawnda Brown, Vice President, Madison Square Garden
Ann Crandall, CMO, BIG EAST
Allison Creekmore, Senior Director, Partner Solutions, MLB Advanced Media
Kori Davis Porter, VP, Content and Business Operations, NBA
Joe DeVito, Executive Producer, New York Mets
Laura Gentile, Senior Vice President, espnW and Women’s Initiatives, ESPN
Maggie Gray, Lead Anchor, SI.com
Holly Lindvall, VP, Human Resources, New York Mets
Ellen Miller-Wachtel, VP & Deputy General Counsel, MLB
Lisa Murray, CMO Octagon
Elisa Padilla, CMO, Brooklyn Nets
Marianne Reilly, Senior Associate Athletic Director, Fordham University
Amy Scheer, VP, Marketing, Media and FRM, New York City Football Club
Marci Schnur, EVP, ignition Havas Sports & Entertainment
Nicole Jeter West, CMO, Legends
Rodnell Workman, VP/CMO,The New York Racing Association
Mentor’s title and company reflects their affiliation at the time of their participation in the mentoring program.
For More on the WISE Within Mentoring Program and Application Process, visit wiseworks.org .
Questions on the NYC Metro Chapter WISE Within Mentoring cycle – Contact WISE Within Mentoring Chair